What is NoteNinja?
NoteNinja is an online marketplace that allows university students to buy and sell appropriate class materials such as lecture notes, study notes & study guides. This system allows struggling students to access study notes at affordable prices and also allows our note providing students to make some extra money off their own intellectual property.
Students often prefer to listen and try to understand during class without trying to concentrate on taking notes at the same time. Students often miss lectures all together because of work or being sick. Many students create their own study notes but find that they are just not as good as they could be. We are now offering those students a solution by allowing them to connect with other students and purchase the notes created by their classmates.
We are also trying to create an incentive for diligent students by giving them a chance to earn money by uploading their study notes. Anyone is allowed to upload a study note to our website as long as the work is your own intellectual property and you are not copying the work of others. These notes are then checked to see that the content matches the description provided by the student. Every note purchased will require the buyer to rate the note and create a review so that other students can see if the quality of the note is up to standard. Every note sale will earn the note provider 50% and the other 50% will go to NoteNinja to cover the costs of running the website and marketing to potential student buyers across the country.
Tips for using the website
- Once you have an account you can access your profile by using the navigation box at the top right of the screen
- Your profile page will have options for you to change your account information
- Once you have logged in you can search for a module and then click "Add to my Modules" to allow you to find it easily in the future
Tips for Note Providers
- Make sure you describe your notes as best you can to allow students to know exactly what you are offering
- Each sale will allow the buyer to review and grade your notes. Getting good reviews will allow you to build a reputation and sell more
- Be realistic when setting your prices. Buyers should feel they are getting more than they pay for in order to keep them interested in your notes
- Aim to sell many notes at the right price rather than one note at a very high price.
- Your notes could still be useful even when you finished a module.
Tips for Buyers
- You can use the site without an account but you gain better features once you are logged in.
- Once logged in. You can add modules to your profile. This means when notes are added in the future, you will receive an email alerting you about the notes
- If you don't own a credit/debit card. You can use Ukash vouchers which can be purchased at Pick 'N Pay and then uploaded onto our website
On a serious note
Although we like to keep things light hearted, we have to be absolutely clear that plagiarism is a very serious offence and can ruin your career. The content on this site should be used to provide another dimension to the learning process. You cannot pretend that someone elses words or thoughts are your own. Use references.